Extectant mothers flying with Air Tanzania
Single Pregnancy uncomplicated
In order to fly with Air Tanzania, a clearance certificate from doctor is needed after 28 weeks. Passengers will not be accepted after 36 weeks.
Multiple pregnancy uncomplicated
In order to fly with Air Tanzania, a clearance certificate from a doctor is needed after 28 weeks. Passengers will not be accepted after 32 weeks.
Any complicated pregnancy
A clearance certificate from a doctor is required for all complicated cases.
- All pregnant women beyond 28 weeks of gestation must provide a letter from their Gynecologist/GP or Midwife stating:
- The gestation of the pregnancy in weeks,
- Whether it’s a single, multiple or high risk pregnancy,
- Any associated complications and
- Other relevant information.
- Note that your Doctor’s letter will not serve as a clearance certificate but will guide our team in determining your fitness to fly.
- Note that you will be required to seek medical clearance from our medical team for your return journey if you experience any medical complications during your travel.
- Your return journey must be within the 36 or 32 weeks limit, otherwise you will not be accepted
- We recommend that you ensure your health / travel insurance cover includes pregnancy-related problems while travelling abroad.